Welcome

These are personal thoughts narrated as I spend some free times in the cyberspace. They are unedited and unrefined. I simply jot down whatever comes to mind at the moment, usually with little planning.

About Me

My photo
Greenville, Texas, United States

Monday, December 24, 2018


Must be a hot tropical day in Kampong Pak Badol, circa 1982-84, when cousins Presley (far left), Uncle Ali, brother Azam, cousin Roslan and Anun were all shirtless and showing their torso. Ceiling fan at full blast would not have not justice even though it helped a little. Anis was on uncle Ali's lap.



Mek was forever working and minding. I think this was the time when she preparing to serve us nangka.


Youthful looking mother in in early 1980s.


A picture of my dad during his younger days - posing in front of a large painting of dancing couple during the times when Malaya has not achieved its independence (prior to 1957) and before he married my mom. The location was unknown.



I cherish this picture of my MakSu Yah (youngest sibling to my mom), Mom, Azam, Cek (my grandfather) and my cousins on the steps of MakSu Yah's house posing for me to take their pictures when we visited them at Kampong Manik Urai Lama. I wonder if the house is still standing after the 2014 flood.



Mek during her late 50s?



A picture of 4 of us a few years after my dad's passing and when I was home for a few weeks from the USA in 1982.



My sister, Anis and brother Azam. They are very close. 


Mom eating lunch




The year was 1979 when uncle Hassan and my cousins came to send me off to the USA.

No comments: